browse previous posts:
browse previous posts:
Are you a photographer looking to improve your site’s visibility on search engines like Google?
If so, you’re in luck! In this blog post, we’ll discuss some simple SEO tips that you can implement on your Showit website to improve its ranking on search engines and get your photos seen by your audience. Ready to dive in? Here are my top 5 tips to help your photography get seen on Google!
1. Optimize your page titles and descriptions. Page titles and descriptions are the first things that potential clients see when they come across your website. It’s essential to optimize them with relevant keywords that accurately describe your website content. Make sure your page titles and descriptions are concise and compelling, as they can significantly impact click-through rates.
2. Utilize header tags/text tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to provide a hierarchical structure to your website content, making it easier for search engines to understand the context of your content. Use them to break up your content into logical sections and include your primary and secondary keywords in your header tags.
3. Create quality content. Search engines value quality content that is informative, engaging, and relevant to your client’s search query. Make sure that your website content is well-written, error-free, and provides value to your audience. Need ideas? How about a Client Style Guide, What the experience working with you is like (add in testimonials from past clients), or a Favorite Locations post! Create content that answers your user’s questions, and use relevant keywords throughout your content. If you’re not sure you can DIY your copy, reach out. I can give you a list of recommended copywriters or hire us for an In Focus Intensive and you’ll get free access to ReKindle Communication’s Copy Catalyst course and learn how to write copy like the pros!
4. As a photographer, your website is going to be home to hundreds of photos. It’s important to optimize your images for SEO. Optimizing them can significantly improve your website’s search engine ranking. Make sure your images are high-quality, appropriately sized, and have descriptive alt tags that include your primary keywords. Utilize our resources page to download Rebel Studio Design’s Image Size Guidelines for Showit.
5. Build high-quality backlinks. Backlinks are links from other websites that point to your website, and they are an essential ranking factor in search engine algorithms. Building high-quality backlinks from relevant and popular websites can significantly improve your website’s ranking. You can build backlinks through guest posting, social media marketing, and influencer outreach. Work with an event venue? Ask that they link to your website in any posts they may use your photos in!
Optimizing your Showit website for search engines is essential if you want to improve your photography website’s visibility and organic traffic. By focusing on your Showit SEO, you can improve your website’s ranking and attract more ideal clients to your site!
Did our website SEO tips help? I’d love to hear your feedback in the comments!
Ready to book your own In Focus Intensive?